Support the Rep
Play a Role
Or contact SJ Rep Development at 408-367-7293.
Why does San Jose Rep need your support?
Ticket prices in the non-profit performing arts never cover costs. It is the passionate belief and commitment of generous donors that sustains the non-profit performing arts.
With government support for the arts decreasing every year, our hope rests with the private sector. If individuals don’t support the arts, the arts will cease to exist.
San Jose Rep strives to be accessible to everyone by keeping ticket prices affordable. That’s why we depend upon support from individuals, corporations and foundations to bridge the gap between ticket revenue and operating costs.
The benefits are many and profound.
Seven Compelling Reasons to Donate to San Jose Rep.
- Study after study show that children who participate in the arts score higher on academic testing, are more likely to volunteer for leadership activities, and generally demonstrate higher levels of creative thinking and self-esteem.
- Theatre teaches collaboration, punctuality, delayed gratification, empathy and cultural understanding.
- A night at the theatre is social, communal, entertaining and thought-provoking.
- In downtown San Jose alone, the arts sector represents a multi-million dollar industry, providing jobs and revenue for hundreds of thousands of Valley residents.
- A thriving cultural district is a key indicator of a vibrant city, one that attracts businesses, employees, and tourists from all over the world.
- The number of cultural offerings in a region is a primary factor in determining a city’s overall quality of life.
- The arts are the highest form of human expression; they have distinguished and characterized civilizations for thousands of years.
- More than any other art form, theatre has the power to open our minds and intellects to different ways of seeing and thinking. It is transformative and illuminating.
- Theatre can be heal the spirit. On San Jose Rep’s Opening Night immediately following September 11, 2001, there was not an empty seat in the house. People understood that sharing the affirmative power of the living arts restores the confidence to move beyond tragedy.
- Everyone has been touched at some point in his or her life by an artistic experience.
- Giving feels good.
- Your donation directly affects the quality of life of thousands of people.
- Giving provides a personal opportunity to make our community the best it can be.
San Jose Rep Statements
2013 Audit Report